Bf1918

It is currently Fri 26. Apr 2024, 22:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Tue 1. May 2018, 01:17 

I nearly completed a battle of Skra di Legen based map that had the Bulgarians versus Greeks (right now it has the French versus Austrians)

the Greeks were more involved in the battle of Skra di Legen of 1918 rather than in the third battle of the Doiran lake of 1918 (the only two known main battles of the Macedonian front of world war one that had the Greeks)

here the wikipedia site has some reference to the third battle of the Doiran lake:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Doiran_(1918)

here the wikipedia site has some reference to the battle of Skra di Legen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Skra-di-Legen

also I can't find a way to the map editor to over pass the limitation of the 2048 static objects so to put more trees as the region of the "flat" toped Paiko mountain line has lots of vegetation such as populus, willow, alder, pine, walnut, quercus, cedrus, plane, fern and other

here the wikipedia site has some photographs of the Paiko mountain:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Paiko

here this site has the map of the Paiko mountain region:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.95319 ... ,22.335828

here are some screens of my map:

Bulgarian DWM machinen gewehr MG08

Bulgarian fortifications and 15cm cannons

Bulgarian trench line with 7.5cm cannons and machine guns

Bulgarian Gruson 5.3cm L-24 fahrpanzer

Greek 155mm cannons

Greek entrenchment with 75mm cannons and machine guns

Greek Schwarzlose M1907-12 machinen gewehr

Greek military tents

and here you can have a look at my map:
https://www.4shared.com/file/V5kGB5MDfi ... legen.html

if someday it is placed in the battlefield 1918 modification just give a credit to Yeoryeos from Greece that's all

thank you

Last edited by guest on Tue 30. Jul 2019, 19:48, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject:
Posted: Tue 1. May 2018, 01:17 

PostPosted: Mon 7. May 2018, 01:16 
Administrator

Hello Yeoryeos,

great to see you working on Bf1918 :!:

Russian developers are also still working on a new patch including serbian and bulgarian army.

Do you want to register in this forum? It is free and this way i can easier contact you.

If you want to register at facebook you can talk to the leader of the developers there, he will be interested in your work.

Otherwise i may can make him to contact you here.

Greetings
Granate

PostPosted: Tue 8. May 2018, 18:33 

greetings too granate

thank you for your kind and respective words

by the way are you Jens Stoelting?

unfortunately I don’t know the German language and the Russian language

"great to see you working on Bf1918" thank you very much

I had worked and in the past for battlefield 1918 I still remember every step of the development since 2004 when the developers were Andreas Koch, Marcel Blankenburg and others

"Russian developers are also still working on a new patch including serbian and bulgarian army" glad to see someone that is interested in battlefield 1918 modification for battlefield 1942

we had put our very souls in its development

month by month there was something interesting that was added in it

battlefield 1918 was still in development for including its rare "secret weapons" of world war one and for its last nations that would had completed the puzzle of world war one at last

can't easily find nowadays even a standalone action shooter of world war one era that has everything but a battlefield 1918 modification had everything at least (maybe it was a miracle after all)

also to the moddb site I had contacted one of the main map developers that is named Cicero and had send my map to have a look and to tell me tips or opinions and had told to me that would try my map but never replied to me

by the way about the developer you are saying, is he named Regulator?

the pity is that "big" companies have lots of employer forces and they complete something within weeks or months and then they advertise their work, here in battlefield 1918 we are still struggling and have nearly nothing as far as advertising and working forces and we are still completing a modification that takes years and would had been completed if we had their forces as in battlefield 1

my map is just a little adding corner stone to help battlefield 1918 that's all (apart from that it gave me some headaches to be completed because making something in battlecraft is not so easy after all, for example completing a map and suddenly finding out that it is lost because of CRC errors or something and starting it again from the beginning)

every gaming community seems to always ask for new items and new equipment
also everyone seems to like to see his beloved country into a game

now for the final things that are needed for the battle of Skra di Legen map to be completed are the map icon flags and the flag textures of Bulgaria and Greece

the map icon flags of the screens are embedded afterwards so it just shows how it would be when it is completed

as far as concerning the military equipment of Bulgaria and Greece it seems that all the weaponry and firearms come from the already included major countries (even the uniforms and rifles)

here is some reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_Weapons_Of_WWI

the voices of the Bulgarian soldiers and the Greek soldiers seem to be completed and already exist into the folder of the main archive but not to the map

the three dimensional shapes of the Bulgarian soldiers and the Greek soldiers already exist into the folder of the main archive but not to the map but they just need a texture that's all

possibly these things can be placed into the battle of Skra di Legen map folder as in the battle of Tsingtao map that is the only map that uses the Japanese soldiers

also I can't find a way for the briefing description to include the whole description because it is cutted in half without no reason

here is the whole briefing description:
"The battle of Skra di Legen was a two day battle that took place at the Skra fortified position, located north east of mountain Paiko, that is north west of Thessaloniki, on May 16–18 1918, on the Macedonian front of world war one. The battle was the first large scale employment of Greek troops of the newly established army of national defence on the front, and resulted in the capture of the heavily fortified Bulgarian position."

Last edited by guest on Mon 29. Mar 2021, 03:50, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue 8. May 2018, 18:56 
Administrator

The russians also speak english, at least the leader of them, who is from Ukraine.
Cicero is the second leader, but currently he is a bit inactive.

It would be cool, if you can join Facebook, there you can find them all.

Greetings
Granate

PostPosted: Thu 10. May 2018, 23:38 

thanks for the reply

"Do you want to register in this forum?" if you mean the vk.com site I already had registered to that in the past but as I said before it is a bit difficult for me because I don’t know the Ukrainian language or the Russian language and apart from that it always needs passwords from the mobile telephone and if you forget a single password by mistake and time has gone it vanishes your whole account with the user name and then you have to start again from the beginning (I already have lost two accounts with their registered emails that way)

the other thing is the chaos of the unlimited messages that you can't keep up as in the facebook.com site that always gives me a headache (maybe it is easier for you but I'm an old man and not a young man as you)

the enough is enough

the phpbb forums seem to be more quiet after all that's why I prefer them

"....the leader of the developers there,...." and his name is?

cheers

PostPosted: Fri 11. May 2018, 00:11 
Administrator

His name is rostyslav pysarenko,
he also has an account here i see and you can send him an e-mail to his e-mail adress

dad ross is his nick here

Greetings
Granate

PostPosted: Thu 19. Sep 2019, 14:24 

when testing the map to the veta test version now the texture of the entrenchment is lost, how this? (but it worked in 3.1 version)

Last edited by guest on Mon 29. Mar 2021, 03:54, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon 23. Sep 2019, 17:55 

an advice:

by the way never try to save something with the winRFA utility by pressing the 'save changes' button otherwise it destroys the whole map making it useless, only unpack and pack with the specific utility